town hall
Procedure descriptions

Notification of changes the institution of higher education

If you are registered (enrolled) at an institution of higher education, then you should notify the institution of any changes in your private data (e.g. change in name or address) without delay, above all if you are expecting any important notifications from the institution of higher education (e.g. enrolment form, information on examinations).



Your private data changed.


No specific form of notification is specified.

You can announce the change in person in the students’ secretariat or in writing . If you have a chip card of the institution of higher education, then you can carry out the change yourself online or at the chip terminals at some institutions of higher education.

The next confirmation of enrolment will then have your new data.

Required documents

If you go in person: Student ID Card and Chip Card (if available)



Legal basis

Enrolment regulations or Registration and enrolment regulations of the relevant institution of higher education (Immatrikulationsordnung)

Release note

The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Ministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kunst released it on 11.03.2019. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.
In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.


Bürger- und Standesamt (Bürgeramt)
Grabenstraße 15
89522 Heidenheim an der Brenz
Fax (0 73 21) 3 23-33 32