town hall
Procedure descriptions

Residence permit for third-country nationals - Apply for a Mobiler-ICT card

With the Mobile ICT Card, it is possible to transfer workers who are already holders of an ICT Card from another EU member state to Germany, even on a long-term basis, within their company or group of companies.

Third-country nationals are people who do not have the nationality of a member state of the European Union.

Responsible department

You can submit the application for a Mobile ICT Card at the Aliens' Registration Office. Alternatively, the application can also be sent to the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) via the BSCW server. The competent foreigners authority decides on the application.

If you submit the application to the BAMF, it will forward your application to the competent foreigners authority.



  • You have a residence title within the meaning of the ICT Directive that is valid for the duration of the application procedure.
  • You will work in the receiving branch in Germany as a manager, specialist or trainee.
  • The intra-company transfer lasts longer than 90 days.
  • The Federal Employment Agency has approved the following in accordance with § 39 AufenthG
  • You can present an employment contract valid for the duration of the intra-corporate transfer and, if applicable, a letter of secondment.


Third-country nationals who already hold a residence title under the ICT Directive for an EU member state and are planning a longer stay (over 90 days) in Germany can apply in writing for a separate residence title for this purpose, the Mobiler-ICT card.

Attention: Your application for a Mobiler-ICT card will be rejected if you submit it at the same time as a notification of short-term mobility pursuant to Section 19a of the Residence Act.


The application for a Mobiler-ICT card can be made

  • be submitted at least 20 days before entering Germany. In this case, residence and employment in Germany are considered permitted for up to 90 days within 180 days until a decision is made by the foreigners authority. The only prerequisite for this is that the residence title of the other EU member state is still valid.
  • be applied for after entry into Germany if a notification of short-term mobility has already been received by the Federal Office before entry. In this case, however, the Mobiler-ICT card must be applied for at least 20 days before the end of the short-term mobility stay. In addition, the application may not be submitted at the same time as a short-term mobility notification.

Required documents

valid employment contract and, if applicable, a letter of secondment


  • for the issue of an ICT card: 100 EUR
  • for the extension of an ICT-card for a further stay of up to three months: 96 EUR
  • for the extension of an ICT-card for a further stay of more than three months: 93 EUR



Release note

The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Ministry of Justice Baden-Württemberg released it on 11.08.2023. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts. In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.


Bürger- und Standesamt (Bürgeramt)
Grabenstraße 15
89522 Heidenheim an der Brenz
Fax (0 73 21) 3 23-33 32