Pension fund for psychotherapists - registering as a member
The pension fund of the North Rhine-Westphalia Chamber of Psychotherapists (Versorgungswerk der Psychotherapeutenkammer Nordrhein-Westfalen - PTV) is responsible for psychological psychotherapists and/or psychotherapists for children and teenagers in Baden-Württemberg.
If you became a compulsory member of your competent Chamber of Psychotherapists (Landespsychotherapeutenkammer) in Baden-Württemberg , you too are obliged to become a member of this pension fund.
The PTV provides the following benefits for members and their surviving dependants:
- old-age pensions
- occupational disability pensions
- provisions for surviving dependants (widow’s, widower’s or orphan’s pension)
- lump-sum settlements for surviving spouses
- reimbursement of contributions if your membership ends before you become eligible for an old-age pension
- transfer of contributions to another pension provider
Note: The PTV can also subsidise the costs of any necessary and particularly costly medical rehabilitation measures on request. However, this is not a right.
Members of the pension fund are obliged to pay standard monthly contributions.
the pension fund of the North Rhine-Westphalian Chamber of Psychotherapists (PTV)
The following persons are obliged to join the pension scheme:
- psychotherapists who
- become members of Baden-Württemberg’s Chamber of Psychotherapists and
- are younger than 63.
You may not become a member of the PTV if you have an occupational disability.
You can obtain a registration form from the PTV or download it via the internet. Complete and sign it, and send it to the PTV by post.
If you meet the conditions of membership, the PTV will give you a membership number. You should quote this number in all future correspondence with the PTV.
for registration: as soon as you meet the requirements for membership
The registration form and notes on filling out the form contain information about the documents you are required to submit.
Note: It is sufficient to enclose copies of all the documents.
- Registration: none
- Membership: an obligatory standard monthly contribution (five tenths of the maximum contribution to the state pension insurance scheme)
- Staatsvertrag zwischen dem Land Baden-Württemberg und dem Land Nordrhein-Westfalen über die Zugehörigkeit der Psychotherapeutinnen und Psychotherapeuten des Landes Baden-Württemberg zum Versorgungswerk der Psychotherapeutenkammer Nordrhein-Westfalen
- Satzung des Versorgungswerkes der Psychotherapeutenkammer Nordrhein-Westfalen (PTV)
The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Sozialministerium released it on 17.12.2018. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.
In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.