Do you need a visa to enter Germany or a permit for a longer stay?
Explanations of the most important regulations and possibilities have been summarised here.
The main legal bases of the right of residence in the Federal Republic of Germany are the Residence Act and the Freedom of Movement Act/EU.
The Residence Act regulates the entry and residence, employment and the promotion of integration of people who are not citizens of a country of the European Union (third-country nationals).
The Freedom of Movement Act/EU implements the right to freedom of movement of EU citizens and their family members in the national sphere.
To the procedures and services
- Apply for a national visa
- Apply for an electronic residence permit (eAT)
- Apply for an EU Blue Card for highly qualified employment
- Apply for a residence permit for employment
- Apply for a residence permit for qualified tolerated persons for the purpose of employment
- Apply for a residence permit for the purpose of self-employment
- Apply for a settlement permit for skilled workers
- Apply for a student visa
- Apply for benefits under the Asylum Seekers' Benefits Act (Asylbewerberleistungsgesetz)
- Applying for an au pair visa
- Applying for a permanent residency permit for highly skilled persons
- Applying for a residence permit for au pair workers (non-EU/EEA)
- Doctor, dentist, pharmacist, psychological psychotherapist, child and youth psychotherapist with foreign professional training - apply for approval
- Extending a residence permit for students from countries outside the EU/EEA
- Extending a residence permit issued for training purposes
- Foreign certificates - applying for recognition
- Having foreign job qualifications recognised for HWK (Chamber of Crafts and Trades) professions
- Having foreign job qualifications recognised for IHK professions
- Integration courses for foreigners - applying for participation
- Joining for family reasons (additional family members) - apply for a residence permit
- Permanent Residence-EU - Apply for a Permit
- Research facility - Recognition by the BAMF
- Residence permit for educational purposes - application
- Residence permit for highly qualified job seekers - application
- Residence permit for students from non-EU and non-EEA states - application
- Residence permit for the purpose of research - application
- Residence requirement - apply for lifting
- Schengen visa - application
- Settlement permit
- Subsequent entry of family members (Germans) - Residence permit application
- Subsequent entry of family members (to foreign nationals) - applying for a residence permit
- Technischer Assistent in der Medizin mit ausländischer Berufsausbildung – Erlaubnis zur Führung der Berufsbezeichnung beantragen