town hall

Life situations


Do you need a visa to enter Germany or a permit for a longer stay?

Explanations of the most important regulations and possibilities have been summarised here.

The main legal bases of the right of residence in the Federal Republic of Germany are the Residence Act and the Freedom of Movement Act/EU.

The Residence Act regulates the entry and residence, employment and the promotion of integration of people who are not citizens of a country of the European Union (third-country nationals).

The Freedom of Movement Act/EU implements the right to freedom of movement of EU citizens and their family members in the national sphere.

To the procedures and services


Bürger- und Standesamt (Bürgeramt)
Grabenstraße 15
89522 Heidenheim an der Brenz
Fax (0 73 21) 3 23-33 32