Special educational provision - applying for determination of entitlement
Pupils who are entitled to a special educational provision can attend the general school or a special educational and counselling centre (SBBZ). The prerequisite is that the competent body determines your child's entitlement to special educational provision.
is the State Education Authority responsible for your place of residence
- The counselling and support options of the general school have been exhausted and documented.
- Successful attendance at a general school is not to be expected even with counselling and support from the special educational service.
- There are concrete indications of a possible entitlement to special educational provision due to the impact of a disability on learning at school.
There are two possibilities:
- The parents themselves apply for the determination of the entitlement to a special educational provision and the competent State Education Authority involves the competent school or
- the parents together with the school submit a joint application to the relevant State Education Authority or the school takes the initiative.
The State Education Authority commissions a special needs teacher to draw up a special needs education report. This report should also include the parents' considerations about the appropriate school offer for their child
Once the report has been drawn up, the relevant State Education Authority informs the parents of the result and whether they are entitled to a special educational provision.
If there is an entitlement, the parents can choose whether their child should be educated in a special needs education and guidance centre (SBBZ) or in an inclusive education programme in the general school. They are advised in detail by the competent State Education Authority about the possible places of learning and informed about the further procedural steps after exercising the right of choice.
- If the parents decide to have their child taught at a special needs education and guidance centre (SBBZ), they receive a corresponding decision and register their child at the relevant SBBZ.
- If the parents choose an inclusive education programme, the responsible state education authority tries to provide such a programme within the framework of its school programme planning. In an educational pathway conference, the necessary arrangements are discussed with all parties involved and the parents are made an appropriate educational offer for their child. If the parents agree to the proposal, they receive a corresponding notice and enrol their child in the agreed general school.
Please contact the State Education Authority responsible for your place of residence.
- Life situation school