Carrying out a registration for the doctors', dentists' and vets' pension scheme
The Baden-Württembergische Versorgungsanstalt für Ärzte, Zahnärzte und Tierärzte (BWVA) is the provider for the statutory pension scheme in Baden-Württemberg for employed and established
- dentists and
The BWVA grants its members and their surviving family members the following benefits:
- Early retirement pension
- Pension in case of inability to work
- Benefits for surviving family members (widows', widowers' and orphans' pension)
- Death benefit
The participants in the pension scheme must pay administrative fees if they do not have an entitlement to a retirement pension. These determine the amount of the subsequent benefits on a case-by-case basis.
The yearly administrative fee normally amounts to twelve percent of the income from work of the year before last. It is limited to a minimum and maximum charge. In addition, the following applies:
- In the first 24 months of the first establishment, you can apply to only pay the minimum fee. This applies provided you work exclusively on a self-employed basis.
- Civil servants and the unemployed can, under certain circumstances, apply for a reduction in the administrative fee or a suspension of the duty to pay.
- On application, you can also pay additional fees alongside those which are required (additional payments).
Tip: Further information concerning the contributions can be found in the constitution of the pension provider for doctors, dentists and vets.
Baden-Württemberg Pension Fund Institution for Doctors, Dentists and Veterinary Surgeons
The following are obliged to be members of the pension provider:
- all members of the state association of doctors, state association of dentists and state association of vets, provided they are not incapable of work at the time when
- their obligatory membership would begin,
- have not reached the maximum age or
- civil servants, professional soldiers or part time soldiers, provided that they enjoy freedom of insurance in the German pension insurance.
A registration questionnaire can be obtained from the BWVA or can be downloaded from the Internet. Please send it filled in and signed to the BWVA by post.
If you fulfil the requirements for membership, the BWVA will inform you of your administration number. This should be quoted in future correspondence with the BWVA.
Tip: On application, you can release yourself from the insurance obligation under the statutory pension insurance in favour of the BWVA. The necessary form for the exemption application can be obtained from the BWVA or on the Internet. Please also send it filled in and signed to the BWVA. The BWVA will make additions to your application and forward it on to the German Pension Insurance Association.
Most employers forward the administrative fees directly to the BWVA. If you are in an employment relationship, please inform you employer of your administrative number. Please inform your employer of your exemption from the insurance obligation in the statutory pension insurance. If you are not in an employment relationship or if your employer does not pay the contributions directly to the BWVA, you must make the payments yourself. This is also possible by means of direct debit.
For the application: as soon as you fulfil the requirements for membership.
- Copy of the permit document or the German licence to practise certificate
- Appointment document in case of a civil servant
The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Sozialministerium released it on 03.12.2018. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.
In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.