town hall
Procedure descriptions

Notification of changes in the health insurance company

You have to notify every change in address or name and also change in the family status to your health insurance company. You will then receive a new insurance card by mail. The old insurance card remains valid until you receive the new one.

Responsible department

Your health insurance company



The notification can be informal. Some health insurance companies also provide online forms on the internet. Ask you health insurance company about this.


No fees/charges apply.

Release note

The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Ministerium für Arbeit und Sozialordnung, Familien und Senioren released it on 05.10.2016. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.
In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.


Bürger- und Standesamt (Bürgeramt)
Grabenstraße 15
89522 Heidenheim an der Brenz
Fax (0 73 21) 3 23-33 32