town hall
Procedure descriptions

Building schools - applying for funding

The cities and municipalities as well as the private school authorities build the school buildings in Baden-Württemberg.

School authorities can receive funding for school construction measures from the state of Baden-Württemberg if the planned construction measure is necessary. The state of Baden-Württemberg funds the construction of rooms for curricular instruction or all-day school operation. In addition, the state subsidises the renovation of existing school buildings.

Responsible department

The regional council to whose district the municipality in which the school will be located belongs.



The state provides funding for construction measures if they are necessary.

Please contact the responsible office at an early stage. advises you on the requirements for funding.


Please be sure to clarify the necessity of your school construction or renovation measure with the locally responsible regional council before you start building.


Submit your funding application by 1 October of a given year. The Regional Council will then consider the funding application for the following year.

Required documents

  • Funding application with cost and financing plan
  • Construction drawings on a scale of 1 : 100 with site plan
  • Building description


The responsible regional council processes the funding application free of charge.



Release note

04.10.2023; Kultusministerium Baden-Württemberg


Bürger- und Standesamt (Bürgeramt)
Grabenstraße 15
89522 Heidenheim an der Brenz
Fax (0 73 21) 3 23-33 32