town hall
Procedure descriptions

Academic health professions - applying for recognition of continuing education

Have you successfully completed a further training course? Then you are usually entitled to use a further training title, e.g. a specialist title. Before you can use such a designation, you must have it recognised by the competent chamber of health professions.

Responsible department

  • for doctors: the State Medical Association of Baden-Württemberg
  • for dentists: the State Chamber of Dentists of Baden-Württemberg
  • for pharmacists: the Baden-Württemberg State Chamber of Pharmacists
  • for psychological psychotherapists, child and youth psychotherapists, child and youth psychotherapists, psychotherapists: the State Chamber of Psychotherapists of Baden-Württemberg

Note: The decisive factor is which chamber you belong to at the time of application. You must also submit the application to your Chamber of Health Professions in Baden-Württemberg if you completed a large part of your further training in another federal state or in other federal states.



You can find out which requirements your further training must fulfil for recognition on the website of the Chamber of Health Professions responsible for you. There you will also find suitable further training offers.


You must apply for recognition in writing. You can obtain the necessary form from the competent chamber of health professions. Depending on the offer, you can also download it from the internet.

Required documents

You can find out which documents and evidence you need to enclose with your application in the application form.


Fees according to the respective further training regulations in connection with the fee regulations of the Chamber of Health Professions in different amounts



Detailed information

  • Further training in academic health professions is regulated in the further training regulations of the respective chambers.

Release note

The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Sozialministerium released the full description on 04.09.2023.
Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts. In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.


Bürger- und Standesamt (Bürgeramt)
Grabenstraße 15
89522 Heidenheim an der Brenz
Fax (0 73 21) 3 23-33 32