town hall

Life situations

Identity Card, Passport, Children's Passport

Do you want to travel or even just pick up a parcel from the Post Office? We will explain how to apply for a passport or an identity card and what to do if you move house, lose your identity card or change your name.

Any German, who is over 16 years of age and is required to register with the authorities, is obliged to have a valid identity card (duty to prove identity). Whoever has a valid passport does not need an identity card.

Citizens of the European Union (EU) and members of the European Economic Area (EEA) can apply for an eID card if they are at least 16 years old. With this new chip card, you can identify yourself online securely, easily and with a high level of trust. The online identification function of the eID card is used for this.

To the procedures and services


Bürger- und Standesamt (Bürgeramt)
Grabenstraße 15
89522 Heidenheim an der Brenz
Fax (0 73 21) 3 23-33 32