town hall

Life situations

Foster Parents

Here you can find information on different forms of fostering, your rights and obligations as foster parents, collaboration with the youth welfare office and on the foster child’s right of access to the biological parents.

If parents decide to entrust their child for a specific period or permanently to another family in full-time foster care, this is normally the result of long term counselling with the youth welfare office. In other cases the right of custody is withdrawn from the biological parents by a court order, if the family court is of the opinion that the parents are not prepared or are not in a position to protect the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of their child.

Detailed information

You can find financial assistance to which you are entitled as foster parents in the aspect of daily life "Family and Children".

To the procedures and services


Bürger- und Standesamt (Bürgeramt)
Grabenstraße 15
89522 Heidenheim an der Brenz
Fax (0 73 21) 3 23-33 32