If you move to another town or municipality, you must register at your new place of residence within two weeks.
the registration office of your new place of residence
The registration authority is
- the municipal/town administration of your place of residence or
- the administrative community or the municipality that performs the duties of the registration authority for your municipality of residence.
They are moving.
To register, you usually have to appear in person at the registration office. The registration office will record your new data and provide you with a printout of the data. You confirm the correctness and completeness of your data by signing the printout.
You will then receive a written confirmation in the form of a free official registration confirmation.
You can also register your family members if they have previously lived in the same flat with you and are moving with you.
within two weeks after moving in
The registration office may request further documents from you. These are usually:
- Identity card and / or passport
- Identity cards of family members: For children who do not have a child passport, you must present the birth certificate.
- Certificate of the landlord
Tip: You can have the address in your identity documents updated at the same time as registering your residence.
Your landlord is obliged to confirm your move into the new flat in writing. Present this confirmation to the registration office. The confirmation of the housing provider is also possible electronically. In this case, you will receive an assignment feature via which the confirmation will be processed.
After registration, you will receive a registration confirmation for your records.
11.01.2023; Innenministerium Baden-Württemberg