Heidenheim and the region means more than just work
Heidenheim is a modern and creative industrial city with a high level of culture and recreational value. There is a lot to see and to do here: You can choose among after work events in the centre of the city, concerts in the congress centre Congress Centrum Heidenheim, in the Engine Shed, in the Concert Hall, at the Brenzpark or just enjoy the great view from Hellenstein Castle to the city. Be surprised by our diverse programme for amusement in general and culture lovers in particular!
Heidenheim is a festival city! Slow down for a singular opera evening at the Knights' Hall of Hellenstein Castle and enjoy high culture and some festival atmosphere there!
Take some time out in the region and take a short trip at the weekend to clear your mind. - the Sheperd's Tour of the nearby Swabian Alb or Eselsburg Valley are ideal for hiking, climbing or just taking a walk in unique environs. Take residence at reasonable prices and enjoy the high quality of life where others spend their holidays.
If you want to get active, go to one of the games of the soccer club 1. FC Heidenheim 1846 and let yourself be carried away while watching soccer in the VOITH-Arena, the highest venue of the second Federal League in Germany. If you aim even higher there, visit the climbing park or the wildlife park Eichert with your family next to the amateur theatre Naturtheater at castle hill.
Go shopping at a leisurely pace in our cosy atmosphere! Visit our lively weekly market with its wide range of products. A stroll through the centre of the city and the shopping centre Schloss Arkaden or a cup of coffee in one of the pleasant restaurants leaves nothing to wish for your memorable trip to Heidenheim!
- official homepage: Find out more about the City of Heidenheim under the categories: tourism, arts & culture, sports and leisure activities
Discover even more about Heidenheim here (the list is not exhaustive):
- calendar of events
- tourism and accommodation in Heidenheim
- Opera Festival Heidenheim
- soccer club 1. FC Heidenheim 1846
- amateur theatre Naturtheater Heidenheim
- Archäopark Vogelherd Cave
- wildlife park Eichert
- Eselsburg Valley
- Ulm with Ulm Minster
- The World of Steiff in Giengen
- Märklin Museum in Göppingen
- Legoland Park in Günzburg
- Blaubeuren with Blautopf (Spring)
- Wimsener Höhle (Cave)
- Biosphere Area Swabian Alb
- Hiking tours over the Swabian Alb with the Alb guides
- Katzenstein Castle with Knights' Dinner
- Limes Museum in Aalen
- Neresheim Monastery
- Augsburg with Augsburger Puppenkiste (Marionette Theater)