Admissions committee - applying for admission as a panel doctor
You will receive your licence from the licensing committee for physicians responsible for your region. This is a committee with an equal number of representatives of doctors and health insurance funds.
In its decisions, the admissions committee has to take into account demand planning in particular.
the admissions committee of the admissions district in which you wish to establish yourself as a panel doctor
- You are registered in the medical register as a doctor or psychotherapist.
- There is a vacant doctor's seat in the area where you would like to set up your practice, according to demand planning.
In open planning areas, you can set up a new practice, take over an existing practice or join a group practice. In the blocked planning area, a colleague must first hand over a suitable seat, which you can take over in the back-filling procedure.
You must apply for admission in writing. You can obtain application forms from the offices of the admissions committees.
The admissions committee decides on your application after an oral hearing. You will then be informed of the decision in writing.
Submit the application approximately twelve to no later than four weeks before the meeting date of the competent admission committee.
- Extract from the medical register
- Certificates on the medical activities carried out since the licence to practise medicine
- signed curriculum vitae
- current police certificate of good conduct (document type 0 for submission to an authority)
- Declaration on employment relationships existing at the time of application
- Declaration of drug and alcohol addiction
You must submit the documents in the original or as certified copies.
Note: If you are unable to submit certificates of your medical activities, you must provide other credible evidence of the facts to be proven. Please enquire at the competent office.
- Application for admission: EUR 100.00
- if the notice of admission has become final: EUR 400.00
If you are planning to set up a practice in a restricted planning area, have yourself entered on the free waiting list of the Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians as early as possible.
09.08.2023 Sozialministerium Baden-Württemberg